Colfax Picnic Salad
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup chives, diced
- ½ cup parsley, diced
- laughing cow cheese
- For the dressing:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons German or yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Combine the vegetables, cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper and mustard until emulsified. Stir in the fresh herbs.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy with some crusty bread.